The weather has changed quickly here in Vancouver, and brought with it colds, flus, and other aches and pains. You have likely heard of vitamin IV therapy, which is the use of higher dose vitamins delivered intravenously, which eliminates concerns of absorption issues or upset stomach.
Here are 5 reasons you might want to consider IV Therapy:
1. A vitamin IV delivers 3 grams or more of vitamin C, which taken orally often causes upset stomach and diarrhea. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system, supports us during times of stress, and aids the body in repair.
2. It provides nutrients directly into the blood stream, which enables a faster rate of absorption. If patients have a lingering cold, or have “never felt well since” a virus or infection, I recommend an IV.
3. It can be beneficial for those suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. The IV also contain b vitamins and magnesium. Magnesium is involved in over 200 reactions in the body.
4. It can help with rehydration and exercise or illness. It is often recommended as a cure for a hangover, of which it is very effective!
5. IV B vitamins (B5, B6 and B complex) act to balance hormones helping with such symptoms as acne, PMS, weight loss, and can even improve sex drive.
Not sure if it’s right for you? Book a free meet and great with one of our Naturopathic Physicians to see if IV therapy is right for you!
Call 604-929-5772 to book your appointment.
Dr. Cathryn Coe is a Naturopathic Physician and founder of Marine Drive Naturopathic Clinic. She has has been practising for 12 years and has extensive knowledge in hormone health, skin conditions, and autoimmune disease.