Most of us have heard that melatonin is commonly used to combat insomnia and sleep disorders. Did you know that this hormone is deemed as an ultimate anti-oxidant?
Oxidation, which produces damaging free radicals, is caused by stress to our bodies. Stressors can come from unhealthy lifestyle choices, aging and even exercise! Free radicals contribute to a variety of chronic inflammatory conditions so the goal for your best health and well-being is to battle against oxidative damage.
Get a good night’s sleep while optimizing your health with this powerful hormone, melatonin!
Melatonin at your correct dose may support:
- Enhancing immune function
- Counters stress-induced immunosuppression, increase natural killer cells, decreases pro-inflammatory cytokines
- Shown to lengthen lifespan in mice!
- Exercise recovery
- Reduce inflammation and oxidative stress
- Brain health
- Protect against beta amyloid damage in brain associated with dementia
- Free radical scavenging and anti-oxidant
- Cancer treatment and prevention
- Inhibits tumor growth, cancer cell invasion along side traditional cancer treatment
Good stress and bad stress is inevitable in our lives and there is no greater investment than your own health! For more information on the protective effects of melatonin, contact Dr. Sarah Wulkan.